Maybe you are waiting to install SSD in windows 10 since your new storage device will come as the primary operating system drive. There are two options: cloning and fresh install. Will you go to copy the previous operating system? But this not the right way of thinking. If your current system already some problems, you definitely will get similar issues after moving the OS.
However, not to take the risk for overall performance, just receive a second choice. This way, the SSD will become a boot drive, alongside HDD might format to a storage drive. After that, your PC performs faster and runs smoothly even with multiple orders at the same time. Keep reading to learn how to do them safely.
Get Easy Way To Install SSD in Windows 10
Both methods are approachable to boot solid-state-drive (SSD). But between them, by cloning, usually anyone gets a straightforward, and less time–consuming advantage. On the contrary, reinstall ensures better safety with some extra effort. So, we will provide you the two ways within a step by step instructions.
Method 1: How To Clone Windows 10 On SSD From HDD
This migration program of OS to SSD or HDD will delete some data on your target hard drive, whether there are not enough unallocated storage locations. So, before running, confirm how large SSD space is vs. the used capacity of HDD. Without balancing, cloning is impossible. Perhaps you should back up the critical files to an external hard drive in advance.
Then, you have to find a partition manager for assistance with your next moves. Some cloning software on paid or free is available online, which creates an exact copy of your storage drive bit by bit mode. The best are EaseUS clone, Acronis Disk Director, paragon Drive copy, Clonezilla, and Macrium. Since the EaseUS partition Master achieves top recommendation among the users, we use it to install Windows 10 with some clicks.
Step 1: Preparing SSD
Take the new SSD and insert it into the drive bay so that it can detect your system. But whether there is no extra room inside the laptop, you may choose installation via a SATA –to- USB adaptor.
Step 2: Download Third-party Software
Click EaseUS.com on your browser; you will see the partition manager option there. Download it and run it on your PC. Go to top menu < click Migration OS < next select new location < click ”Next” to continue
Step 3: Confirm the Operation
The software design in such a way that it can automatically start system partition and all related partition. Make sure that you have backed up important documents; if not, do it now. Then, click migration.
Step 4: Previewing Target Disk
Moreover, you can customize the new SSD layout as your demand; thus, click < disk layout < proceed < then start the migration.
Method 2: How To Reinstall Windows 10 On SSD
A clean installation usually offers the brand new operating system just like what you get from the first-time OS appointment. As a result, you have to lose all the personal data, including the current Windows operating system and user’s files on the bootable. So, in advance, you should take an external hard drive or USB drive for backup.
Recommendation for Easy Going
SSD with WINDOWS 10 Installed
You Save: $30.00 (30%)Available on Amazon
You Save: $15.68 (21%)
You Save: $55.00 (34%)
Step 1: Create a Bootable Installation Media
This is the leading software to reinstall Windows 10 on SSD. If you have one, then use it or not, then download from here: Media Creation Tool and take it in a bootable USB flash drive. Moreover, you can make an ISO file (also called an ISO image) on a CD/DVD disc.
Step 2: Remove HDD
Now, come to connect the new SDD to your computer, so first shut down your system, open case, and put off old HDD from drive day to inert SSD.
Step 3: Modify the Boot Order
Insert the Bootable Installation Media by the USB flash drive or optical disc (CD/DVD). Again, start your PC. Access BIOS, click F1 or f2 (probably a massage will come about the key), in settings, change boot order, further confirm that your SSD is the first item in the boot order. After that, the installation process will start.
Step 4: Product Key
When the steps come with asking for a product key, skip those and select the option I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on PC.
Step 5: Go BIOS Menu again
During the installation process, your system will reboot. Therefore. You have to click the BIOS setting once again and change the BIOS order so that your system boots from the hard drive. Otherwise, the OS building program will start freshly. Most mentionable, don’t remove the installation media in this situation.
Step 6: Finish Installment
The whole Windows 10 setting issue will finish now. The desktop appears .you can remove the installation media, but before it shut down your system. The next time you start the computer, it will boot from the new SSD bases Windows 10.
More to Know
- Arrange a SATA-to- USB adapter or external enclosure to connect SSD if you are dealing with laptops.
- When you are doing reinstall Windows 10 or upgrading from 7/8, you must buy a product key for activation. On the contrary, if your SSD has already gotten Windows 10, skip to the next step.
- Before starting, you should format SSD for installment; further, you will accept an error message – ”you need to format the disk before you can use it”.
A solid-state drive (SSD) appears with NAND flash memory technology where works like an integrated circuit to store data. So, it doesn’t have a moveable spinning disk. And that’s the reason get quicker access time, lower latency, as well as no noise. Nowadays, people are more willing to buy SSD than in previous times.
As a result, to ensure a better boot drive, many users would like to upgrade the old drive to SSD with Windows installed or a clean installment of Windows 10 on SSD afterward. Thus, we generate this article on install SSD in Windows 10 in the two most straightforward ways.
Read Out More:
Head to Head Comparisons
- SATA vs. NVME: Which is Faster and Superior.
- What Is The Main Difference Between USB C VS USB 3.0?
- Cloudways Vs Siteground – Which Wins The Battle?
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone 12: Which One Will Meet Your Demands?
- iPad Air vs. iPad Mini: What Will You Select?
- Lenovo Flex vs Ideapad: Which Will be Your Favorite?
- Surface Pro vs Laptop: What will be the Best for You?
- Acer Nitro 5 || The best entry-level gaming laptop?
- Dell XPS 13 2020|| Small yet Powerful
- Dell XPS 15 2020|| Best All-Around Laptop for Professionals
- New Dell XPS 17 (2020) – Ultimate MacBook Pro Replacement??
- 7 Best Lenovo Laptop For Students In 2021
Best Tech Product Reviews
- 5 Best Video Calling Device For Elderly || Easy To Use Gadgets
- Best Mechanical Quiet Keyboards for Gaming and Office Work in 2021
- Best Feature Phone in 2021, Less Hacks To Use.
- 5 Best Avatar App In 2021 | Check out and Create Your One
- Top 5 Best Free Reliable VPN For Android
- 7 Best Point And Shoot Camera In 2021: Make A Right Decision For Yourself